Director, Head of the Eastern Mediterranean region
- Philip ter Woort was appointed as Director, Head of the Eastern Mediterranean region in July 2020 in which capacity he is responsible for EBRD’s operation in Jordan, Lebanon and the West Bank & Gaza. Mr. ter Woort will be based in Amman, Jordan.
- Philip ter Woort was the Director, Head of EBRD Business Development at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (‘EBRD’) in London. Appointed in March 2017, Mr. ter Woort is responsible for EBRD’s global FDI focused business development activities, including the EBRD’s Representative Offices in Washington DC and Tokyo.
- From 2013 to March 2017 Mr. ter Woort served as EBRD’s (first) Country Director for Egypt responsible for developing EBRD’s activities in Egypt. During his tenure, EBRD in Egypt invested app. EUR 2,1bn through 43 projects. In 2009 Mr. ter Woort joined EBRD where he served as EBRD’s Head of Resident Office EBRD in Mongolia until 2013.
- Prior to his tenure with EBRD, Mr. ter Woort was the country manager of Rabobank in Moscow, Russia where he also worked for ABN AMRO Russia, initially heading up ABN AMRO’s Corporate Banking in Moscow and later as Head of ABN AMRO St. Petersburg branch.
- ter Woort started his career with ING Bank the Netherlands where he held several positions in ‘export & project finance’ and ‘structured trade & commodity finance’.
- Philip ter Woort is a Dutch national and a graduate from the University of Amsterdam